If you own a Honeywell air purifier and are planning to clean it, then this article is for you.
Air purifiers help keep your house clean by trapping microscopic airborne particles that can cause allergies and asthma.
These particles can also trigger health problems such as the common cold and lung infections. Even though the majority of the time, your home will be dust-free and germs-free, air purifiers help remove the small amount of dirt left behind after you have finished your daily activities.
The problem with most air purifiers is that they trap pet hair and other pollutants in their filters. This means that you need to clean them regularly to ensure they remain healthy and germ-free.
How to clean a Honeywell air purifier?
First thing you need to do before cleaning is to remove the filters from your machine. There are two types of filters in a Honeywell air purifier, the pre-filter, and the main filter.
The pre-filter is the smaller of the two filters. It catches heavier particles like dust, pollen and pet hair that go through your main filter.
To clean your main filter, you will need a vacuum cleaner with a hard surface attachment or an attachment that can take off sticky substances such as glue or tar.
1) Take off both filters and put them in a bucket.
2) Fill up your bucket with hot water and let it sit for about an hour before pouring it out into a sink or toilet bowl.
3) Take out whatever debris has accumulated on the bottom of your bucket with a brush then rinse well with water.
4) Return filtered water back to the original container for re-use according to the instructions on your machine’s manual.
5) Dump out all other debris into another container for disposal after rinsing the well again in clean water.
6) Place the new pre-filter back where it originally sat and install the new main filter again by simply sliding it into place from either side of the unit rather than having to screw it into place which can be harder to accomplish when wet as they sometimes tend to slip out of position afterward if they are not installed correctly first thing when dry without damaging anything else.
The best way to remove dust from an air purifier
The best way to clean an air purifier is using a vacuum cleaner. This will get rid of the dust and other pollutants that have gathered in the filter. To ensure that you don’t damage your air purifier, use only soft bristled brushes or wet sponges to clean it.
The second best way to remove dust from an air purifier
The second best way to remove dust from an air purifier is by using a vacuum cleaner with a small tool. You can place the tool on the end of a vacuum cleaner hose and suck up the dust and other particles that get stuck in your filter. Another cleaning method for an air purifier is to use wet wipes. Wet wipes are useful because they can clean delicate surfaces and are designed to remove dirt, oil, grime, and other harmful substances. If you’re short on time or just don’t want to fuss around with brushes and toothbrushes, then wet wipes are perfect for removing dirt from your air purifier quickly and easily. If you decide not to clean your air purifier with wet wipes or another method, then you should use a paper towel to wipe the filters first before vacuuming them out.
The third best way to remove dust from an air purifier
The third best way to remove dust from an air purifier is to use a vacuum cleaner. This will help you remove dust from the filter as well as the rest of your home, giving you a healthier living environment. It is important to note that when vacuuming, it is recommended that you use a HEPA filter on your vacuum cleaner.
Air purifiers are designed to trap pet hair and other pollutants in their filters. Cleaning the filters is important for maintaining the health of the air purifier.